Crystal Symphony was ordered in December 1992 and entered service in May 1995.
The ship was refitted a second time in 2006. This process, which cost USD 23 Million, was the largest refit ever for Crystal Cruises. During this refit, Crystal employed over 750 external workers to join the existing 545 crew to ensure a timely completion. The refit was done in BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair in Norfolk, Virginia.
In 2009 Crystal Symphony underwent a third refit costing US$25 million. The refit was completed at Boston Ship Repair's South Boston Dry dock
Length:238 m (781 ft)
Beam:30.18 m (99.02 ft)
Draught:7.59 m (24.90 ft)
- 12 decks
- 8 decks passenger accessible
- Six Wärtsilä-Sulzer diesel engines
- 25,260 kW (33,880 hp) (combined)
Propulsion:Diesel-electric; two shafts
- 20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph) (service)
- 21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph) (maximum)